Monday, April 11, 2011

Hit the ground running

That's how it always is after a vacation. You've got to hit the ground running about 90 miles an hour and that's pretty much how it was this time too. Only I felt like we were going 90 miles an hour before we even left for vacation!

I guess I should start w/the story before we even left for vacation. I come from a big family, and by big I mean HUGE. Anyway, the next baby born into the family would be the 100th person and there were 4 different girls expecting but only 2 were really in the running for the title. The day we were scheduled to leave I get a call saying that Anna, my nephew's wife, was in the hospital almost ready to deliver. Now we had gone over this carefully and I had it all worked out that I could go on vacation and be back in plenty of time to take pictures at the hospital, like I do w/all my families babies....and then she goes into labor 2 weeks early!

We were leaving at 4:00 in the afternoon that day, so I didn't think it was appropriate for me to call poor Anna and ask if she could hurry it up so I could still get the newborn pics and get to leave ontime so I just prayed that things would go quickly, and they did! I was able to run up to the hospital around 1:30 and take pictures of little Braelyn when she was just 4 hours old, run home and edit them and email a few off to the new parents, plus burn a cd of all of the pics and drop that in the mail on our way out of town. I think we got on the road by 4:30...not bad!
So anyway, here's my mom in the hospital nursery holding her new little great grand daughter Braelyn Jo.



So that was all before vacation. Since getting home little Jaycie came in to the studio for her 6 month shots, then Heather came out to my house for some 8th grade graduation shots, & Tom for senior pics.








It's always exciting to start shooting outside again, except for the mud! We stayed relatively clean and had some fun in the warm beautiful weather:)

Sunday we went to church for the first time in what seemed like ages to me. I really do miss it when we're gone. Then in the afernoon our sunday school had their Easter Program. I love watching all my cute little great nieces and nephews & my own kids singing songs about Jesus.

It was so hot when we left church we headed straight home for some R&R and David J decided to go fishing. I was just getting comfortable in my lounge chair when I hear David yelling. He caught a huge bass and of course I'd better take some pics. This bass was so big it couldn't even fit into the 5 gallon bucket. Then he caught another one, then Logan & Jess started fishing.




Then because it was sooo hot my younger boys decided it was finally time to do this...




After that we were off to my inlaws for dinner, then back to the playground for vball and some praise singing. It was a great day, super busy, but still lots of fun.

2 comments:

  1. Have Nate show David how to hold a fish for pictures. Nate knows how to double their size (or at least show the true size of the fish)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep, we could of made that look like a whale!

    ReplyDelete