Saturday, December 5, 2009

A Christmas Tree

We did it, we were able to go out today to the Old Dairy Barn all together as a family and pick out a Christmas tree w/only a tiny bit of teasing and arguing from the boys. It is home and up in our basement and twinkling w/lights and the house smells like a forest....mmmm! I did miss the smell last year when we put up the dreaded fake one!
Walking up and down the aisles of trees w/our kids brought back so many memories of when they were little and so excited. The younger ones still are but the older kids are stalking behind us, one teasing the younger boys and one w/his sunglasses and mp3player....I can't believe I'm saying this but I miss having the little ones. Not the wiping noses, and changing diapers part, but the way they just can't wait to do stuff like this and how everything is soooo cool part...I miss THAT part:) They grow up WAY to fast! After we picked out our tree and we're walking back to the barn to pay for it Luke looks up at me and says "Mom, when I move out and am single what will I do for Christmas?" I told him no matter how old he is or where he lives he can always come home for Christmas. I think because we have older boys, it makes me treasure the cute things the younger ones say at 12 and 9.

Yesterday I finished up my last couple sittings. They are up on my site and besides some backing up and keeping up w/orders I am officially done taking pics until the 30th! Now, maybe I should do something crazy and take pics of my own kids?

Next weekend we are planning on taking them up to Galena for some snowboarding and they ALL are excited for that. Boards and boots are beginning to appear all over the house. As I'm typing this there is a board on the living room carpet next to me. Logan came downstairs the other day in full gear. Yep, I'd say he's pretty excited.

Jessica & Caleb are both in the Bible class Christmas play this year so this whole past week they've had either practice or a performance every night except Friday night. We stopped in tonight and watched the play. Caleb was a Wise man and Jessica was a ninja and a diner. They did great on their parts but I am happy that tomorrow is their last performance because they've hardly been home all week.

I think David & Caleb have friends coming over tonight to spend the night so I've got to get some sleep so I can get up and make breakfast before we head to church. I get to watch my little niece "Aubrey" tomorrow at church....she's a cutie!

2 comments:

  1. i can't believe you had a "i miss when they were little" moment :)
    yes, the excitement is great but the carrying, dragging, i- just -peed- my pants, running over one with the cart kind of christmas shopping i've been doing makes me long for ipods and sunglasses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do now, but once you've left where you are you miss where you were....that could be a wise quote, someday after I'm dead:)

    ReplyDelete