Tuesday, December 1, 2009

first day of December?

I can't believe December is here already. The fall just flew by!!
I spent the morning editing a couple of sittings and putting in orders and getting other orders ready to mail out. I does seem like there are never enough hours in a day.

Had a fun session w/the Endress girls out at the studio but it was so nice that we ran outside and did a few fun shots. In December...who'd have thunk it?

Got home just in time to finish up dinner (my wonderful husband had already put the pheasants in the oven and turned it on) and had a nice dinner w/all 7 of us....so rare anymore.

We put up our manger scene last weekend, which is a really special tradition from my childhood and we started doing the same tradition the year we moved into our house. We had about 20 of my family over to sing carols and eat cookies & buckeyes...yum! Did I mention I've decided to diet during the holidays?
This saturday our plan is to get our Christmas tree. This will be the first time in 3 years that we've gotten to go out and actually cut one down at a tree farm. Two years ago we were iced in and walked down into the woods to find a make due tree...which my daughter despised and would not help decorate...it was a sad looking tree. Last year we were just too busy between the kids scedules and our own, so we put up a fake one...again the kids were not very happy about that.
So this year we've got it planned and on the calendar. Hopefully all the kids will be home because even if they're not...WE'RE GOING TO GET A TREE...unless there's another ice storm:)

No comments:

Post a Comment