Tuesday, August 3, 2010

now where was i?

The only way for me to catch up on my blog is to look back on my calendar to try to figure out where I've been and what I've been doing. I tend to forget what I did yesterday if I don't write it down....too much going on I guess.

Last Saturday I ran out to the Martin's home in Brimfield to take their family pics. I was praying the whole way because the sky was DARK over that way. I got there a few minutes early and asked if everyone was there and they were so I said "lets get started", and we did. We were racing the lighting and rain and were able to beat it, but just barely. It actually started pouring before I could get to my car so we waited the worst of it out in the garage. The sky made for some dramatic backdrops though.



On Wednesday morning it was out to Bridlewood stables to photograph Brenda's horse "Fox" who is about to go to his new home in VA and Amy's mare "Nora". It was HOT and I was glad we scheduled for an early morning shoot. I was dripping by the time we were all done but these horses really were beautiful.



Thursday Jessica remodeled her room. She did this mostly on her own, picking out her paint and putting it on her walls and picking out her bedding. She decided she's done w/fairies and flowers (she's 15 so no surprise there) and went w/bright green walls and polka dots. She also decided to do away w/dressers all together and go w/these cubicles instead. I was a little worried about the color but I think it all turned out pretty cool. I should have taken "before" pics but didnt'...sorry.



On Friday Molly brought over Asher for his 3 month pics and I grabbed a laundry basket and a blanket and had some fun taking this smiley boy's pics. He's got such sparkly eyes:)



Then Friday afternoon I had a whole bunch of people show up for different reasons but then they all stayed to swim. We also found a surprise in our shed. Jamima, aka "Daisy" our duck was hatching out her eggs. This poor duck has been trying w/out success for the past 3 years to have ducklings and this year alone had layed eggs in 4 different areas before she decided the shed was safe. Twelve cute little ducklings have been added to our "ark". Between the dogs, cats, bass, & racoon we'll have to see how many actually survive. They are really adorable though.



Last night I had a friend's sister come by for some photography/editing advice and then stay to observe Caden & Gavin's session....that I have yet to edit so no pics yet.

In between session's I've had my hands full trying to keep up w/editing, ordering, shipping, and wedding contracts. So far this year was slow for weddings for me and now all of a sudden I've signed 3 in the past week. This fall is going to be busy, busy, busy.

2 comments: