Tuesday, August 24, 2010

beyond exhausted

I don't remember ever being so tired in my life! We just got done hosting about 20 teenage girls for a weekend retreat and these girls don't stop. Between the devotions, swimming, vball, canoe race, scavenger hunt, service projects, horseback riding, & tackle football, yes that's right, these girls played some mean tackle football (I did not participate it that) there was no time for any r&r! I think we all had a blast but had hardly any sleep and then to top the weekend off my family hosted about 350 people for a hog roast & horse show on Sunday afternoon. It's Tuesday and I still haven't recovered!



I had a couple of sessions before the weekend fun, starting w/the Heinold family out at the old school center. This family had a reunion and had people come from all over to attend, including California and Mexico.


Also Kylee's owner "Steven" wanted some pics of her in action. This dog can catch a frisbee in mid air. She is quite the athlete.



Then Shelby came out for her senior session and brought along her beautiful prom dress. I love it when seniors bring out these big pretty dresses. They make for great pics.



After that I met Nick down by the river for his senior session. We had a good time running around snapping pics on the docks & by the old buildings.



After the last session I had to get serious about getting ready for the retreat so I spent a couple of days cleaning...a dreaded job. I even went so far as to clean out Logan's drawers.

Now, I think I'm a pretty laid back mom and let my guys get away w/all sorts of collections but this one I had to throw out. Can you imagine pulling open a drawer to find this.....




I had to draw the line somewhere right?

1 comment:

  1. Looks like Logan likes snake, hmmm... is he eating it or just collecting snake like his father collects turtles?

    ReplyDelete