Friday, October 29, 2010

this is the last thing i should be doing...

We're having a costume party for around 75 people tomorrow, so yeah, this is the last thing i have time for.

however, this morning was the first real frost so after getting the boys on the bus, and my morning walk and because i was already freezing, i grabbed my camera and the only lens i have w/a macro setting and shot these....














oh how i'm tempted to buy a true macro lens. i'm also thinking i'd like to get a few of these on gallery wrapped canvas to put on my walls. i love the colors of fall!

As far as work goes as of right this minute i am current w/all my clients, all sessions are edited and backed up and that's an awesome feeling!

I had to be at the grade school by 10:00 for Luke's costume parade....this is our last year for any of our kids to be in it because in 6th grade they don't dress up anymore:(.

Also there's early dismissal for them all and they'll be home by lunch. So my big plans of spending the whole day and home and getting everything sparkling clean isn't happening. Oh well, by the time you've got 75 people in costumes running around your house it's not like you could tell if it was clean anyway...right?

5 comments:

  1. awesome pictures rach!
    wish we could be at the party- i'm sure it wont be the same without us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL!! The pictures are SO beautiful. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply majestic. I am inspired now to set my camera to macro with an automatic flash and digital zoom and start taking pictures of the weeds in my front yard. Creating my own picture of my own weed and wrapping it in canvas for my wall would be a dream come true. Life would be complete.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nate, you'll have to learn about macro work, no automatic anything...you must shoot completely in manual, even for focusing. No flash is needed, I use all natural light w/these. You should come on out and I'll give you a lesson for free. I'm so nice:) Also, I don't depend on camera distortion by holding a weed up close to the camera to make it look larger than it actually is, like some people do w/fish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You get the last word only because this is your blog.

    ReplyDelete