Thursday, November 4, 2010

a blur

That's what these last couple of weeks have been for me...a blur. I know I haven't been posting any sessions on the blog but that's because I've been busy posting them on albums under online ordering. So if any of your are just dying to see recent work you are welcome to view it there. I think I've got about 3 pages of albums up right now.

Between trying to get all of my senior's and family sessions scheduled and the ever present threat of the dreaded "time change" hanging over my head I can't seem to cram enough into this last week. After Saturday I'm afraid our evening outdoor sessions are over:(. This means moving into the studio or for those of you who have put off scheduling your sessions but still want outdoor sessions may need to take some 1/2 days at work and get the kids out of school a little early...which I'm sure would be just fine w/them:)

Sometimes it's just sad when a parent calls wanting a family session and I'll ask what day would work for them and they pause and then realize they can't come up w/one day that they are all together and not busy...and all too often I find myself in the exact same boat! That's when I realize that this life is getting way too crazy!!!

I did find time to do my own senior, Caleb's pics, here are a couple of those...






I do need to confess that sometime this past week I got another year older and bought myself a macro lens that I'm pretty excited about. Here are a couple taken w/the new lens, still trying to figure out DOF but not bad for my first try w/it....



I'm thinking of branching out and doing some nature photography. It may be something I do just for art in my own home but there's a chance I will offer it on my site. I'll just have to see how that goes. I'm constantly facing the dilema of keeping things affordable for my clients. There are so many cool things I could offer w/custom framing, fine art gallery wraps, but they can get so expensive that I just don't know if it's a direction I want my business to go. I never want to get to a point to where the average family can't afford my prices....because that's what we are, an average family, and I think it's pretty cool to be average:)

7 comments:

  1. Average? I don't think so! Try exceptional family, 5 boys 1 girl and somehow your place is still standing and looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Average? I don't think so!!

    Also is there another kid of yours running around somewhere in sauderville that I am not aware of? David, Caleb, Logan, Luke....????

    Tell Caleb he still needs a haircut and then come back and retake his senior pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Average? I don't think so!!!
    How many houses have an imaginary son? That's very un-average.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think she's counting my husband as one of the boys

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH Yeah! Score!! A deleted post by the author. Must of riled a few feathers eh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. nope, i just didn't realize that i was signed in as caleb and it didn't look right for caleb to call his dad "my husband"...all feathers are still intact...
    also nate, you sure seem to be concerned w/hair...hmmm.

    ReplyDelete