Sunday, November 28, 2010

painting, sorting, shooting, painting, & baby JESUS

But first, a few of the sessions from the past week or two....












I know, I'm way behind in blogging these, however, the albums were up right on time so we're good.

I had a bright idea last week...in the middle of my busiest season...I should switch rooms w/my son "Caleb" so my office could be on the main floor, thus being way more convenient when it comes to grabbing another cf card or battery.

Of course this involved lots of painting, sorting, w/a few sittings in the middle, the hauling of beds, an extremely heavy solid walnut desk, and of course lots of computer and camera equipment. Yep all that right in the middle of the Thanksgiving break. I don't know why I do that to myself but once it's all over I'm always glad I just went for it.

I now have a beautiful blue office w/shelves in which to store my rigid mailers, extra lenses, batteries, etc. And it's also great to be able to be editing, cooking dinner, & online christmas shopping all at the same time (I just don't feel like I'm getting enough done unless I can do at least 3 things at once).

I still have a few things to get for my office and have enough paint left over that I've decided to go ahead this week and paint the bathroom next to my office and our upstairs stairwell walls so I'm thinking the chaos will continue thru this week but then by the weekend things can calm down.

I have a few more sessions on Thursday night at the studio and then Friday Jessica suggested we plan on putting up the manger scene. Putting up our manger scene when I was little was one of the best memories I have. I remember being so excited to run up into our freezing cold attic and carry all the pieces down, and just hoping that I'd get to be the one to carry down baby Jesus! When Jessica asked if we could put ours up on Friday it made me smile just to know that she's excited about it...even at 16, it's special to her too. And while we are talking about baby Jesus the other miracle is that I think we are all free that night, at least from 6-8, then Caleb goes off to work but for those 2 hours we'll all be here together, to sing praises to our Savior, the one who gave his life for us. There is no better way to start off the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment