Sunday, January 30, 2011

i am NOT getting sick.

I may have some body aches, and a headache, and maybe a tiny bit of a sore throat but I just flat out refuse to get sick. I'm just gonna keep downing vitamin C (even though my super smart 18 year old said that they learned in health class that doesn't help) and taking ibuprofin and keep refusing to give in.

Today was another really full day between taking almost 40 individual/family pics at my church and then a truely terrible volleyball game w/my league....yeah, all while dealing w/my not being sick. If I do have to get sick (not that I'm going to) tomorrow and tuesday would work for my schedule, but then after that I've got stuff to do.

Last week, one of my nieces brought in her 9mo little boy and we decided, rather than drive out to the studio we'd do some experimenting w/my slave flash here at home. I think they turned out great, but it did kind of remind me of just starting out when I hung a blanket over a door for a background:)


Here's one in my office w/my black couch in the background, check out the cheeks on this kid...so cute!


This is the same way I'm doing the church pics also, and I've got to say that slave flashing is alot easier than hauling around my big alien bee lights. I'm shooting at ISO 160, 6.3, & 160th of a second in a windowless room and the pics are turning out really nice. Great color and exposure. I've also been using a grey card for the first time since we are able to mass edit some of these shots.

Not too shabby!

Friday I had a studio appt for Dillon, who is Duncan's little sister. She was supposed to have her pics taken when Duncan came in however she was sick (not me) and had to reschedule. She was feeling better and full of smiles for me.

check her out!!!

This coming week has no sessions planned. Just some editing, then we're having a few friends over for a taffy pull and then again a Sunday full of individual/family pics, 3 more Sunday's to go.

4 comments:

  1. Ha! Rachel, good luck on the whole not getting sick thing. Mine started out with a little sore throat and a little achy then next thing you know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep I know all about that NOT getting sick thing. Good luck with THAT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sick either, but I have slimy mucous pouring out of my nose or down my throat 24/7 due to some saline solution, my throat is a nice shade of red due to excessive mouth breathing, a little drummer boy is playing a nice beat in my head, and someone keeps messing with the thermostat way up and down. I will leave the toilet details out of the comment for the sake of the church readers potentially looking for their pics online, but life is good and at least I'm not getting sick. That would be horrible to get sick this time of year, I feel sorry for you rachel I think your in denial or something.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. so far so good, felt crummy last night but woke up okay this morning...this is working, I'm really NOT getting sick:))) so far.

    ReplyDelete