Thursday, September 9, 2010

missed it again!

So our mare was due to have a baby in about 4 1/2 weeks but she has delivered her last 2 foals 3 1/2 weeks early.

This time I was determined to be there for the birth so last night I set up my camper out by her paddock. Got the airbed blown up and sleeping bags in there. I figured I would start sleeping out this weekend so I could actually get to witness the birth (jen is probably ready to hurl right now:).

I checked on her last night before it got dark and figured that by this weekend she could actually go even though it would be 4 full weeks early.

This morning I got the kids on the bus, walked w/my mom and sister and went to clean out the paddock and this is what I found.....




I just missed it...maybe by 1/2 hour!

It's a little girl, completely healthy and so strong already. She doesn't stumble around at all but is really funny where she decides to lay down.
She decided that this looked like a good spot!


almost got there....



ahhhhh....

Gives a whole new meaning to put your feet up and rest awhile:)

One really funny thing is this filly has super long whiskers...not very "girly" if you ask me!

No comments:

Post a Comment