Wednesday, September 29, 2010

a God thing....

So I've been hired to do some pics of a sod field growing. Exciting huh? Actually DA Hoerr wants some pics taken every week or so from the same spot to show how the sod grows and all the stages associated w/growing & harvesting sod. So anyway, one of the things we decided to do was get some close-ups of individual grass plants and their different stages of growth. I know it sounds like it would be pretty "ho-hum" but let me tell you there is all kinds of stuff we don't see until you look at it thru a macro lens.

So that's what I did the other day for some practice out in my yard. The lens I was using isn't the greatest but had a macro setting. This is what came out of that practice...



this one is a dew drop out of focus...cool huh?



Only God would take time every morning to decorate each individual blade of grass, and we walk right by it or sometimes step right on it. It made me think about how much He does for me that I don't see, that I don't even look for because my focus is on getting from one place to another.

It was so cool to see so much beauty in the tiniest thing and it really made me want to do more of this kind of work. Of course I'd need a better lens....I think they run about $1000...hmmmm I'll have to think about it.

2 comments:

  1. pictures were so inspiring I have decided to change my ways and not to walk on grass anymore. just think of all the damage we cause by crunching and squashing those beautiful little green blades. thanks for opening my eyes and hopefully we can use this blog post to gain supporters for our save the grass campaign....

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, i'm so glad that you've finally seen the light nate. I totally think we need to have neon creations design some signs and get some t-shirts and have a "fish for the grass" campaign...this could go global...

    ReplyDelete