Friday, December 17, 2010

My very own room:):)

I officially have my very own room/office.......AND IT'S SO SWEET!

When we were designing our house, my husband claimed a corner of the basement and put some walls up and somehow got his own room....and I didn't. And for 16 years I admit it...I was a little jealous that he had a place to go and just hang out.

For the past few years I've had my home office & equipment crammed in a corner of our bedroom and then down in the basement along w/my oldest son's things he didn't want to take w/him when he moved up to the loft above our garage. For this last year I've had a buck's head above my desk, along w/a stop sign, & a giant "S". Oh, did I mention all of the walls were painted like a Cabela's fish tank...I was surrounded by bass, catfish, even a giant sturgeon. So we finally convinced Caleb to move to the basement bedroom....that led to lots of painting, sorting, etc....I know I've already blogged about all the chaos.

I decided though that my room was not only going to be a functional office space but also a place to get away from the normal everyday chaos of 5 kids...yeah okay I'll just go ahead and say it, an ESCAPE.

It's on the main floor of the house so it's super convenient and also can double as a guest room w/the nifty click clack couch that doubles as a bed or lounger. I've also got my very own tv. For those of you reading this that are here on a weekly basis....just to clarify...you are NOT GUESTS... & I mean that in the nicest possible way:)

Anyway, here are some pics....





I thought I'd have to rip the carpet up but after scrubbing it w/bleach (it's a special kind of carpet so don't try that at home) it actually isn't too bad...considering it was home to a teenage boy's dirty clothes, chips & dip, pizza w/garlic butter, hotdogs w/lots of ketchup, & many many soda spills for the past several years.

I should have taken a before pic but I'm learning that when it comes to my kid's rooms, the best thing for my sanity is just to keep the doors closed....besides, I would rather not remember what it looked like!

1 comment: