Monday, December 20, 2010

What I did instead of clean my house:


I had to drive Logan to a friend's house Saturday morning and saw that the hoar frost was covering the plants along the sides of the road. I was planning on coming home and getting some cleaning done but I've always wondered what hoar frost looks like close up. So instead I had to grab the macro and try to get a few shots. I'm learning a little more everyday about macro work. It is NOT easy to get these shots. A big part of getting them is timing, and the ability to hold super still while hunching over the plant and trying to block the wind so the plant doesn't move and for ME not be shaking w/cold all at the same time. I won't even get into the technical aspects of it! Too bad it's gotta be so cold for all this beautiful frost to exist!








Every time I post macro work I have at least one person ask about being able to get prints of them so I've created an album on my website. If are interested in ordering prints go to "online ordering" then you can go to "wall art".

2 comments:

  1. simply majestic......I am truly inspired to start taking pics of the snow and ice and sell them online. If anyone would like to order my prints just let me or Rachel know. I don't have a macro lens, but I can stand real still in the cold and get right up close to the snow and optical zoom. Also yellow snow makes great pics too, great addition to traditional white.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. nate, i probably should remind you again this year....don't EAT the yellow snow....it is NOT snow ice cream...trust me.

    ReplyDelete