Tuesday, June 8, 2010

random happenings






Last week I got to photograph another fabulous Herman House. I'm in the process of training Jess to do some simple editing for me because she loves to mess around w/photoshop and she started those for me but then had to leave for Tennessee for a week so maybe when she get's back she'll be able to finish them. She already has a pretty good eye for what looks good and I've seen some of the stuff she's done when she's just playing around w/some of her pics so I'm confident that she will be great at it!

I've got Shauntel's wedding pics sorted and shipped off to Jen to edit...that's a relief to get those going. Our goal is to get the pics all edited w/in 30 days of the wedding so sometimes we have to really hussle.

On Friday Logan had 3 friends over for an all day, and all night, and all the next day party. Between paintball wars, swimming, rope swinging, & video games they had to be worn out by Saturday night... I know I was! As the last boy was leaving Logan looks up at me and says "mom, they want to do it all again in July!"

Saturday's shoot got rained out so we've had to reschedule for this next Saturday...hoping for NO RAIN....I know it's a lot to ask!

On Sunday Caleb & Jess had to leave for Tennesse on a mission trip and had to be up EARLY...they went to bed so late that they overslept and their team leader had to call them to wake them up. I know a good mom would have gotten them up and fed them a nice breakfast but 3:30 a.m. is too early...even for a good mom right?

In the mean time my husband and I got really ambitious and decided to remodel our upstairs bathroom. Everything in it was 15 years old including the paint and the ugly picture on the wall (that I didn't even like back then:). The shopping was done yesterday and the gutting began today. I took some "before" pics and when it's all done I'll post them along w/the "after" pics. Most husbands have problems w/their wives going over budget w/stuff but I'm just the opposite. I love a challenge, so I told David I will NOT spend over $1000 to do this job (I know, I'm cheap!) and so far we're right on track...providing nothing unforseen happens...