Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Finally caught up!

As of right now, this very minute, I am for the first time in a month and a half....CAUGHT UP! Yay!!!!

It's such a great feeling. Granted I never did get my fridge cleaned out...hate that job...but all of my photography jobs are edited and online. I edited my 3 senior sittings from last night and put them online today and actually baked an apple pie while I did it. Quite the Susie Homaker huh? I have one more session this week and then a wedding w/formals on Saturday and then reception on Sunday.

Tomorrow I have a Dr. appt. in Pekin and then I'm thinking I need to tackle another job that I'm not too wild about....the dreaded Christmas shopping. I'm not a big shopper as it is so the whole run around to a million stores to find the perfect gifts for everyone (and they never are perfect so I have to remember where I put the receipts) and get them wrapped and to the right party, thing is not my idea of fun. But along w/everything else that I don't think of as fun...it must be done. Sigh.

We tell the kids they can put 3 things on a list and they may get one or even two but probably not all of them. Of course Logan asks for a TV (yeah right), and any kind of gun (sure, I'll get him that) and then of all things, some kind of new toothpaste. Luke asked first for a memory foam mattress topper and a super ball but now has decided to scratch the mattress and go for a longboard skateboard. The thing is, they'll change their minds over and over again all the way up till Christmas Eve so I had to tell them that tonight was the deadline and NO CHANGING YOUR MINDS! I really have no idea what my teens want at this point and I don't think they know either. They really don't need anything.

I was reading this missionary named Katie's blog today www.Amazima.org/blog.html in between editing and it just hit me how much we take for granted. We want for nothing here, while others have nothing to feed their kids tonight. We have been so blessed and deserve none of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment