Wednesday, November 11, 2009

trying to keep up

I'm not very faithful at keeping up w/my blog. I knew I wouldn't be!

It's after 9:00 pm and again I'm finding myself still working. I just can't seem to get caught up. Even as I write this I'm uploading albums onto my website. I'm getting to the point where if I'm only doing 2 or 3 things at once I don't feel like I'm getting enough done.

Had 2 sittings in the studio last night and got home about 8:30, just in time to tell my younger boys "good night". Then today I had to help David (our oldest child) take some pictures for one of his classes at ICC first thing in the morning, get the kids off to school, pick up the house, run to the school to watch Luke march in the Veteran's Day parade, then back home to edit, then shoot 3 sessions, making dinner in between sittings, help David again w/a few more shots for ICC, feed everybody, then get the kids to bed. How come it seems like the days are so packed yet so short? I feel like someone pushed a "fast forward" button and for the life of me I can't find the "pause".

Tomorrow I have no sittings scheduled for the first time all week and it is also our 20th wedding anniversary so I will need to run into Peoria and pick up the cake that I ordered from Le Bakery. They made our wedding cake 20 years ago and it's been a tradition for me to do this every year on our anniversary because David loves their cake. It is really delicious!

Before I head to Peoria though I need to get at least 1 or 2 sittings edited or I will be even more behind and then pick up orders on my way in and get them mailed out. And sometime I've GOT to get my car in for an oil change...I think it's a thousand miles over! It seems like it never ends:)

1 comment: