Sunday, November 22, 2009

a wake up call

I've been reading this girl's blog http://www.amazima.org/blog.html and it's been so convicting to me. In some ways we have everything here in America, but when you look at things from an eternal perspective, we might be surprised to find that we have nothing. We are consumed w/our "stuff". I get so wrapped up in the everyday things that I am distracted from what really matters.
Yeah, I know that we have to live in this world and that we have to make a living but pretty soon it seems like that's ALL we're concerned with. Our enemy is so subtle and cunning. He knows that we aren't going to just choose evil over good but if he can distract us w/the inbetween, then we become lukewarm and BAM he's tricked us. Just like that. For those of you who don't believe we have an enemy, look around you. There is way to much darkness & strife in this world for there not to be an enemy. There is good news though because there is also a Savior of this world and His name is Jesus. He gave His life for us....all of us.
John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Help me Father to be consumed only w/You. Whatever that entails for myself and my family, only You.

1 comment:

  1. This is exactly my feelings and why I wanted/tried to escape from society for awhile. It's so hard to do now days, and that's sad.

    ReplyDelete