Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Busy, busy, busy

The senior & family sessions are in full swing now. In the midst of cleaning up after our party I got another year older and my 9 year old gave me a present he picked out all by himself. A little cross shaped thing that looks like a gravestone...hmm. Ya gotta love 9 year olds:) The yearbooks have deadlines and the Christmas pictures need to be taken now so they can be designed into cards and sent out before the Holidays so I'm am busy, busy, busy.

This week alone I have 11 regular sittings and then a 90th bday party where 14 families would like pictures...whew! Next week is packed too.

So thankful to see the sun again though, even if I have to deal w/shadows I think everyone was ready to see that bright yellow ball in the sky. Some of the mud is drying up and who knows...maybe we'll get a little indian summer to finish up the fall sessions?

I spent the morning picking up and getting orders ready to mail then had a sitting at 3:30 and then edited 3.5 sessions and got done about 8:30 p.m. and then realized I needed to do my own kids pictures which I took Sunday morning so kept at it till 9:00. Luke said the other day, "Mom, you know that day when all the kids trade pictures at school? Well that day already past". Ugh! There it is again, that "mom" guilt. It just seems like no matter how hard I try I'm letting something slip. I have to pray everyday for help w/balance between career and husband and kids & help to put them back into the order that God wants them in. I'm thankful to be able to hand some editing off to Jenny of js designs because I'm pretty sure even if I worked around the clock (which sometimes I do) I wouldn't be able to keep up. She will be getting busy w/card designs in the next few weeks though so I know that this will just be temporary help. She really does a great job though and is a lifesaver to me.

Today I just have 2 sessions to edit and then maybe...that's a big MAYBE I'll tackle my fridge before I head off the the studio for tonights studio sessions.

My plan is to be done w/all work related things by Dec. 15th this year so I can take a deep breath...let it out....and celebrate the birth of my Savior, because w/out Him, I would be lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment