Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Luke's Room


Today as a surprise to our youngest child, the one who's bedroom still kind of looked like a nursery, we remodeled his room while he was at school.

I guess because he was the last baby, his bedroom just stayed looking like a baby's room but now that he's 9 we figured he'd really like a new look.

Luke loves skateboarding so we used that in our ideas. My husband had the idea of making one wall look like an old brick wall w/graffiti so we went w/that. I think it turned out pretty cool and for once we actually surprised Luke. He's kind of a snoop and finds Christmas & birthday gifts before the day he's supposed to open them.

I had to meet w/our tax man this morning so while I was doing that, David filled holes, taped and cut in w/bright blue paint. I got home about 12:30 and helped finish the walls while David grabbed lunch. Then David started bringing in the wall that he had already been working on in the garage the day before. I also put a fresh coat of paint onto his dresser and then David hung some big hooks to mount his skateboards while I put up tony hawk stickers. We finished w/about 5 minutes to spare:)

I think he won't grow out of this one too fast. He loved it. Of course as soon as Jessica saw it her comment was "my turn"....it never ends!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the room- i don't know why but it made me tear up....but i've been doing a lot of that lately.
    it looks amazing!!
    and i'm SURE he will keep it really clean from now on. or at least the next day or 2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's exactly what grandma m said...hmmm...we are all gonna be just like her...i just know it!

    ReplyDelete