Monday, April 12, 2010

getting organized




We spent the week getting organized here. David on the outside stuff and me w/my schedules. Outside we mulched all the landscaping and fertilized the lawn and Saturday David mowed so it's looking pretty nice out here. He also got our storage sheds organized.

I've gotten the new list of NHS Builders homes that I've begun scheduling. Last year I think I photographed about 30 new homes for them. It's a pretty neat job to get to go into these amazing homes and take pictures of them. One of them had an actual STREAM running through it! So cool. They had gotten way behind on getting pics for their portfolio so it was a huge undertaking to get all of them done but this spring they are already handing me a list so it shouldn't be quite so overwhelming.

I've also started scheduling sessions for outside around the lake...YAY! I'm so ready to shoot outside again. The studio is great when it's raining or cold or for little ones but after a while it just starts to feel kind of repetitive.

Tomorrow I've got a couple of sessions at the lake and then more on Thursday and then off to Madison WI Friday & Saturday for vaulting performances for 2 of my kids. My oldest just informed me that we will be keeping some teenage boys on Saturday night too so it will be a fun/busy week. Oh, and my washer is making some pretty scary sounds...like it's getting ready to launch...probably not good.

Saturday afternoon we got our little boat out and I took Jess and Logan w/their poles back into the ravines to fish. They caught dinner. We've got some nice sized crappie in the lake and my nephew told me to measure one next time they caught one. This one was 13 inches....not bad! (Nate, if you put these on your blog you'd better mention that Jess is only 15!)

If you're facing a crazy busy week like this one it's good to remember this verse:
Be still and know that I am God

He's got it all under control:)

No comments:

Post a Comment