Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thankyou Jesus!




Guess who got a new washer? ME! My very first NEW washer, and it works! It doesn't sound like it's going to blow up when it spins...pretty cool huh?

I had a thought though, of how it was like my world was crashing down when I had a broken washer...I mean, I've got 5 kids! I was really feeling sorry for myself, and then I started thinking about the mom's in Haiti and all those other 3rd world countries. They put their family's laundry in a basket and carry it on their heads and walk sometimes long distances to the nearest stream and then scrub their clothes on a rock.

Here I am living on a lake and the thought didn't even enter my head of how grateful those mom's would be just to live so close to water so they wouldn't have to walk so far to wash their clothes...and here I was all upset that I didn't have an automatic washer for a couple of days. We are soooo spoiled here in America. Everyone is talking about how tough things may get here in this country, but I don't think it will ever compare to how these women have been living and are still living.

It made me so thankful to sit down in my basement on my carpeted floor and fold my clean clothes (something I don't usually feel very thankful for).

We are blessed....thankyou Jesus.

1 comment: