Saturday, January 2, 2010

Hello 2010!

Happy New Year! I think I'm actually half way awake for the first time in 3 days. It helps to have more than 4 or 5 hours a sleep at night:)

We went to my sister, Judy's party out at the Old School Center and had alot of fun playing vball and eating, singing, but not very much sleeping. I was way better this year and made myself go to bed by 2:00 a.m. Of course the fact that I went to bed the night before new years eve at 2:00 a.m. and was dead tired might have helped me to be so disciplined. Your reaction time in vball is not too good w/so little sleep.

We got home from the party on new years day about 2:30 in the afternoon. Yep it was about a 17 hour party. On the way home from the party Caleb tells me that he has friends coming over and they might actually be there before we get home. Luckily they didn't beat us home and we were able to unload all of our sleeping bags and pillows and get things mostly put away before we started ANOTHER slumber party. Life w/teenagers doesn't ever stop! I am amazed by their energy. I did go down to the basement to bring some snacks down and found a couple of them zonked out on the couches still sitting up. They were able to revive enough to eat and watch football and play xbox and get into the hot tub later:)

I did end up working through some of the holiday just because somethings can't be put off until after the holidays. I ran out to Streitmatter's barn to take family pictures because their dad was getting ready to start chemo. I am praying that all goes well for them.

I also had a couple of studio shoots on the 30th. The Phillips family has a son going into the navy this week. I took his senior pics last year and so of course I am honored to take this beautiful family's pics. I also got to take little 5 month old Caleb's pictures. This little guy is a charmer!

I am hoping to get these edited and online today or at least by Tuesday of next week. However David got 2 does on Thursday and they are hanging in my garage waiting to be processed...which is probably what we get to do today.....I think I'd rather be editing!

No comments:

Post a Comment