Thursday, October 22, 2009

Hanging in there...



Tonight was the visitation for Gabriel. I'm not yet able to verbalize too much of what's going on inside. I know my heart feels like it weighs a ton right now. These pictures are ones that I took of Gabriel and Faith while I was in Haiti earlier this year. Everynow and then, when I take a picture, I'll get this feeling that the picture is going to be very special. The one of Gabriel w/his arm around Faith was one of those pictures, I knew it as soon as I snapped it. I hope that it will help Faith remember her big brother.

I can't imagine what it's like to watch my son be broken and die....but I know that's what God did for us....He watched His Son be broken and die for each one of us. He must love us so much.

So many people came up to me and just hugged me and said "there are no words". You know, sometimes I don't think we need words. Sometimes we just need to be held, just knowing that we are loved goes a long way. If we really feel like we need to say words "I love you" can pretty much cover it.

Grab the people that are important to you and just hold them for a minute...and if you need to say words...tell them you love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment