Friday, October 16, 2009

a very rude awakening:(

Jetlag...ugh! So we landed in PIA at about 5:45 pm, all the kids and David's parents were there to meet us:) Came home yawning the whole way. Get out of the car and immediately jumped on by Saber. I don't understand this dog, he's had the kids here the entire time and not been left alone but somehow he knows if I've been gone. He barely lets me out of the car! Muddy dog and light blue sweater...not a good mix.

Before I can make it into the house I noticed that our colt has gotten into the big pasture away from his mom and uncle Sunny. I also notice that they are out of hay so I open the gate and let them all into the pasture. It's COLD here!

We gave the kids their souveniers and then I made a pot of chilli (the canned kind) for their dinner and then tried so hard to stay up to watch Survivor and the Office. Made it thru Survivor but kept dozing during the office. David fell asleep through all of the office. After that I went to bed. I love my bed soooo much:)

However, I thought I would sleep for a good 10-12 hours. We had slept only about 4 hours out of the last 48 so I was like, no problem. Problem....2:30 a.m........awake. Lay there for an hour....still awake. Tried till 4:30 then gave up and came down to start the laundry....no laundry soap, used dish soap. Also noticed that the kids waited till today to do their laundry. Yeah, wait till our parents get home w/their 2 weeks of dirty clothes and THEN we'll do ours:) Teenagers...they are so cute at this age! I made some breakfast, maybe that will improve my disposition and I'll see the bright side to being home? I was too tired to eat last night so I am pretty grouchy. IT'S SO COLD HERE!

I've got more orders that have been put in. Lots of checks in...yay....but that means more orders for me to get in today....boo. I know I've got to pick up UPS today and get those orders sorted and mailed & make a deposit. I've also got about 12 sittings this week alone, starting tomorrow. I don't know about this reality thing.

Here are some other wonderful little treats to come home to. Our teen car's brakes are not working, the van stalled out the night before we left so I need to call and see if I can get it in to be looked at, Luke says "mom, you gotta get groceries, were all out!", our home phone line is not working, Jessica just told me some other things she REALLY needs (her bday is Tuesday), Logan has a paintball birthday party to go to on Saturday and "could I sign the forms and call the boy's mom and talk to her about it?" David needs to borrow my car for work this morning....the one he's been using since his brakes went out.....the one full of fastfood wrappers, all over the floor board. Yeah, that one, my car. OH YEAH, DID I MENTION THAT IT'S FREEZING HERE!!!!

This is a day that You've made Lord....help me to rejoice and be glad in it.
Pray for me today will you?

1 comment: